#1 [DumB]TeXas

[DumB]TeXas

Owner of [DumB]

• Management
  • 10,378 posts
  • Interests:Meh?

Donator

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

If you get the message "My map differs from the servers" - your local version of the map might be corrupted. If it is one of the standard maps such as de_dust2 you should be able to check/fix the intergrity of this map by doing the following;

> Open up steam
> Go to "My games"
> Select the game "Counter-Strike:Source"
> Right click on the name and select properties
> Once you have the properties box up, go to the tab names "Local files"
> Click "Verify intergrity of game cache"
> Once its finished, launch the game and see if it worked

This should usually sort it when it comes to the standard maps atleast - if you have a custom map that doesnt work - make sure that you do have the same version as the server as there can be several different versions of it. What you can do to make sure of this, is to delete your map locally - then connect to the server while its playing that particular map. As you no longer have the map it will be re-downloaded and you should have the same version as the server. If you can be sure of the version and you can get it downloaded somewhere at the web, this might be quicker than downloading it off certain servers.

Hope this helps, if you have any aditions or you have tired all of this without results - please let us know. ;)
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing. - Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users